JOINT PRESS RELEASE FROM TOWN OF EAGLE AND MOUNTAIN RECREATION
Over the past four months, the Town of Eagle and Mountain Rec have executed multiple Request for Qualification’s and/or Proposals (RFQ/P) to build a project team that can deliver a new pool on time and on budget. The project team includes an owner’s representative, design team, and construction manager / general contractor (CM/GC). The following firms were selected after a thorough review and competitive bid process.
- Owner’s Representative: Dynamic Program Management
- Architectural and Engineering: Ohlson Lavoie Corporation (OLC)
- CM/GC: JHL Constructors
Eagle Town Council is set to approve final contracts for JHL Constructors at their October 24 meeting. To stay on schedule, the first call with the entire project team kicked off on Monday, September 25 and will continue on a weekly basis until the project is complete, which is still projected for May 2025.
JHL Constructors and OLC will work side-by-side to design a new pool for Eagle while simultaneously completing a construction bid, to expedite the process. Part of this process will include potential additions or decision points between two design features. Once these options have been vetted by the executive team, which is comprised of Mountain Rec and Town of Eagle Executive staff, those options will be shared with the community to gather feedback on the new pool design. Community feedback sessions are slated to kick off in November and December 2023 to ensure the project team can stay on schedule for the anticipated ground breaking in early spring 2024.
The Town and Mountain Rec have worked to create one webpage the community can visit for frequent updates on the pool project. The website will house a visual timeline of project milestones, an archive of all the community updates since 2022, feedback/question form, and a regularly updated FAQ section. View the Eagle Pool Replacement Project webpage below:
Previous Community Updates:
- May 30, 2022 – Eagle Pool Opening Day Postponed, Mountain Recreation Performing Leak Evaluation & Repairs – Mountain Recreation
- June 13, 2022 – Eagle Pool Closed for 2022, Gypsum Creek Pool to Open – Mountain Recreation
- June 15, 2022 – Clearing the Air, Let’s talk about Pools at Mountain Recreation – Mountain Recreation
- October 3, 2022 – Bartnik: After a Thorough Look, Eagle Pool Likely to Remain Closed Next Summer – Mountain Recreation
- May 17, 2023 – Mountain Rec & Town of Eagle to Fully Replace the Eagle Pool – Mountain Recreation
- June 6, 2023 – Town of Eagle Seeking Proposals for Eagle Pool Replacement Project Owner’s Rep (and FAQ)
- August 7, 2023 – RFQ & P for Architectural Design Services