We are committed to ensuring our entire community feels welcome in any Mountain Rec facility, program, or activity. We believe everyone deserves to be healthy and happy. We view this as a continuous learning process.
We pledge to:
- Find the COURAGE to challenge social norms.
- Choose JOY by celebrating our community’s diversity.
- Listen to and amplify COMMUNITY voices.
- Create LEARNING opportunities to educate, and offer tools for social and systemic change.
- Pursue EXCELLENCE in our facilities, programs, operations, policies, and communication so that they alleviate obstacles to access or inclusion.
- Commitments to Action
- Identify & remove obstacles that prevent participation in our activities
- Create safe spaces for people to speak up to share their experience working for Mountain Rec or when participating in our programs & visiting our facilities
- Adopt culturally appropriate behaviors & practices that can help support our community’s needs
- Lean into discomfort, and commit to growth & change through educational opportunities for our staff and community
- Prioritize participation from our diverse community to advise Mountain Rec initiatives
- Ensure our workforce reflects our community’s diversity
- Hold ourselves accountable to our Pledge and practice vulnerability and consistency in our Commitment to Action