Membership Cancellation & Refund Request
Gypsum Recreation Center
To make it easier for you, Gypsum Recreation Center membership cancellation and refund requests may be submitted through our online refund request form below. Refunds may also be submitted by the member, in person with a signature at the facility, or by letter sent through certified mail and signed by the member.
Annual memberships are not eligible for refunds upon cancellations, unless the member(s) have moved out of the area. Monthly membership cancellations must be submitted at least 72 hours prior to the monthly renewal date. Punch cards are not eligible for refunds. Refunds for daily admissions will not be given after 1 hour of facility use has passed.
Monthly and annual memberships may be paused under the following circumstances: the member is actively deployed, or the member is rendered physically injured and can provide a doctor’s note.
Questions? Contact Lauren Shively, Gypsum Rec Center Facility Supervisor at Lshively@MountainRec.org or at (970) 682-6846
The below form and policy is for Gypsum Rec Center membership refunds only. If you’d like to request a refund for a Mountain Recreation program or activity click HERE.
Cancellations & Refunds Request Form
Membership Agreement & Refund Policy
- Membership Agreement
Membership passes are non-transferable. Must Present ID card for entry. Lost ID cards = $5 replacement fee.
I understand that the use of Mountain Recreation property, facilities, services and equipment and participation in Mountain Recreation activities may have an element of hazard or inherent danger, and I take full responsibility for my and/or children’s actions and physical condition.
I agree to indemnify and hold Mountain Recreation and its Directors, officers, agents and employees from liability, loss, and cost or expenses (including attorney fees, medical and ambulance costs) that I may incur during my use of Mountain Recreation services. Adherence to the Mountain Recreation rules, regulations, policies and procedures at all times when on Mountain Recreation premises and / or participating in Mountain Recreation programming is required as a condition of access to the same. Failure to do so may result in revocation of memberships and/or the general right to access Mountain Recreation premises and/or programs, without benefit of advance notice or right to appeal.
I understand that I pay the activation fee only once as long as I keep my membership active. I may cancel my monthly membership at any time, and upon renewal, must pay the activation fee again. Annual memberships are not eligible for refunds upon cancellations. A grace period will not be given after renewal date has passed for those, memberships that are not on an automatic renewal. If I do not pay by my renewal date, the activation fee will be charged. I must cancel my membership 72 hours before the monthly renewal date. I understand that I will not be given a refund or credit if the cancellation is done after the renewal date.
- Refunds & Cancellations Policy
- I understand that I pay the activation fee only once as long as I keep my membership active. I may cancel my monthly membership at any time, and upon renewal, must pay the activation fee again. A grace period will not be given after renewal date has passed for those memberships that are not on an automatic renewal. If you do not pay by your renewal date, the activation fee will be charged.
- Monthly memberships must be cancelled 72 hours before the monthly renewal date. A refund or credit will not be issued if the cancellation notification is after the renewal date.
- Cancellations must be submitted online by the member, in person with a signature at the facility, or by letter sent through certified mail and signed by the member. Cancellations will not be accepted by phone.
- Monthly memberships are not transferrable.
- Monthly memberships may be paused under the following circumstances:
- the member is actively deployed
- the member is rendered physically injured and can provide a doctor’s note
- Annual memberships are not eligible for refunds upon cancellation unless the member(s) have moved out of the area and can provide proof of address. Refunds for these members will be prorated at the monthly rate of the equivalent monthly membership
- Annual memberships are not transferrable
- Annual memberships may be paused under the following circumstances:
- the member is actively deployed
- the member is rendered physically injured and can provide a doctor’s note
- Punch cards are not eligible for refunds
- Punch cards are transferrable to guests of the same age as the card owner, i.e. youth can punch for other youth, seniors can punch for other seniors, adults can punch for other adults
- Refunds of punches used for daily admission will not be given after 1 hour of facility use has passed.
- Refunds for daily admissions will not be given after 1 hour of facility use has passed.
If the Gypsum Recreation Center is closed due to unforeseen circumstances, safety concerns or holidays, members will be notified as soon as possible but will not be issued a refund for their memberships or daily admissions.
Members or guests that are removed or suspended due to disciplinary reasons will not receive a refund.
Special circumstances related to facility use and refunds not specifically covered within this policy will be determined at the discretion of the supervisor overseeing the facility operations. (info can be found on MountainRec.org or on your receipt)
Mountain Recreation reserves the right make necessary administrative modifications (i.e. facility closures, policy amendments, , etc.). Changes will be promptly communicated to the email address provided with your registration.
- Code of Conduct
General Facility Code of Conduct:
- All participants are expected to comply with building rules and policies. Persons violating those policies or refusing to comply with staff direction regarding those policies will not be permitted to use Mountain Recreation facilities.
- In order to ensure the safety of our patrons and to minimize risk and liability, only employees/contractors of Mountain Recreation are authorized to provide personal training or instruction of any type on the premises of Mountain Recreation managed facilities.
- Mountain Recreation requests that children under 8 years of age be accompanied by a parent, older sibling, or other responsible party at least 13 years of age.
- Children 6 years or younger will be allowed in locker rooms of the opposite sex with their parent or guardian.
- Day use lockers only. Please do not leave belongings overnight.
Fitness Floor/Basketball Court/Drop-in Sports:
- No children under the age of 13 upstairs unless enrolled in a studio class. Youth 13 and 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on the second story. Youth 15 -17 years of age do not need supervision.
- Stereos, boomboxes, Bluetooth speakers and the like are not permitted in the Gypsum Recreation Center. Individuals that wish to select and enjoy their own selection of music are expected to use headphones on their individual devices.
- Food and drink are not permitted on the basketball/ volleyball/pickleball court(s). Water is the only exception.
- Basketball goals will only be lowered for Mountain Recreation sanctioned programs or special events.
- Players must have a membership or pay the day to be eligible to participate.
- Drop-in sports are expected to be self-regulated. This includes equipment set up and tear down, participation rotations, team/group selections and officiating.
- Drop-in sports participants will be expected to abide by Mountain Recreation’s Be Nice, Play Nice policies.
- Tear down should be initiated no later the 5 minutes prior to close. Participants should be exiting the facility at the posted closing time.
- Must have a Family membership or Adult +1 child membership to qualify for free Child Watch. Any child not on an active membership is subject to a drop-in fee.
- Child Watch admittance on a first-come, first serve basis; once the center is at capacity, additional children will not be admitted until another child(ren) is/are picked up by their parent or guardian.
- Child Watch may be utilized by qualifying members for up to 1 hour of each schedule block.
- Child Watch is a nut-free zone! For the health of all children in the facility, please do not bring nuts or nut butters for snacks.
- Parents will be contacted when their child needs to be changed, has been upset/crying for up to 10 minutes, or displays inappropriate behavior toward staff or other children.
- Parents and guardians may not leave the facility while their child is in the Child Watch room.
- Participants aged walking to age 5 only; youth aged 6 years to 17 years may not attend Tumble Tots
- Infants that cannot walk must be held/carried, not placed on floor or equipment
- Adult supervision must be provided by persons 18 years of age or older
- Must have a Family or Adult +1 Child membership to qualify for free Tumble Tots. Any child not on an active membership is subject to a drop-in fee.
- Sign-in sheet must be signed for each participant individually by a parent the guardian accompanying the participant to Tumble Tots no earlier than 1 hour prior to the start of class
- 20 max participants in studio allowed on a first come, first serve basis
- GRC Pool capacity is 87, Deck capacity is 237
- All persons must pay to enter the pool area, even if you are not swimming
- Swimmers and observers must enter the pool area through the locker rooms
- Children under the age of 8 must be supervised by someone 13 years or older
- This means in immediate pool area
- Children under age 6 must be within arms’ length of an adult at all times
- This means the adult is IN THE WATER
- This includes children in lifejackets and playing in the 1.5 ft deep area
- Proper swim attire is required. Swim diapers are required for those not toilet trained
- Swim diapers need to be covered by tight fitting swimsuit or diaper cover to prevent leaks
- Swimmers must shower before entering water
- Lifeguards are present to ensure safety, please follow their instructions
- No running
- No dunking, sitting on shoulders, excessive splashing, or rough play
- This is to avoid suffocation in the water and spinal injuries
- Use of toys and flotation devices are permitted at the discretion of the pool staff
- Is the flotation device the only thing keeping them from drowning? If yes, offer them a Lifejacket instead
- Is the flotation device large enough to trap a person underneath?
- If yes, then not allowed
- We do allow infant lily pad floats if their caregiver is holding the device at all times
- Is the flotation device large enough to cause a visual obstruction of the pool?
- If yes, then it is not allowed
- Inflatable Water Wings are not allowed
- Mountain Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Glass containers or goggles are not permitted
- We have to drain the ENTIRE POOL for broken glass
- Adults must remain in designated areas during swim lessons
- This means not at the pool edge
- No diving or headfirst entries
- Feet first and forward entries only
- No camera or cell phone use
- Children over the age of 5 must use gender-designated restrooms or the family changing room
- Food and drink are not permitted in the pool area at GRC, food can be consumed in the lobby
- At the outdoor pools, food may be consumed on the deck but not in the water
- Alcohol, drugs, tobacco products and smoking are not permitted
- If a patron is noticeably intoxicated, call the Sheriff’s Department 970-328-8500
- Any person with diarrhea, a communicable illness, or open sores and wounds is not permitted to swim
- This includes patrons who have received first aid from our staff
- Diaper changing is not allowed on pool deck or pool deck area, please use the restrooms
- No hard balls or toys allowed on pool deck or pool deck area
- No prolonged breath holding exercises
- Patrons must be “48 inches tall to ride the GRC Slide.
- No flotation devices allowed on big slide at GRC
- Lifejackets are allowed on the GRC Haystack Slide
- No running on the stairs
- One person on the slide at a time
- Face up, feet first only
- No stopping or standing on slide
- Clear the slide catch area immediately, no catching riders
- Wait until bottom of slide is clear for next patron to go up the stairs
- Must be 15 years or older to use unsupervised
- For health & safety, children under the age of 6 are not allowed in the jacuzzi
- Children under age 6 do not have fully developed temperature regulation
- Children under age 6 have a higher likelihood of a urine or fecal accident, which in a small body of water exposes patrons quicker than the leisure pool
- Children under 6 may put their feet in the water if accompanied by an adult, however they are not allowed to sit on the steps blocking the entrance
- Partial submersion is not allowed
- Children 6-14 must be accompanied by an adult (15+) who is in the water
- The adult is in the water with them to have first hand knowledge of how the heat is affecting the children
- Elderly persons, persons with heart conditions, and pregnant women should consult a physician before using the jacuzzi