2020 summer camp registration is open!
COVID-19 Update: Registration is currently OPEN for Rec Kids Summer Camp. We are planning to offer Rec Kids in Edwards & Gypsum starting June 1, 2020
Rec Kids provides a safe, fun place perfect for state licensed child care when you need it. Choose days based on your work & play schedule.
Kids ages 5-12 years old are welcome.
Available in Gypsum & Edwards
These camps are state licensed, so State Required Rec Kids Forms must be filled out every year in order to register. Please email your forms to RecKids@MountainRec.org or submit at any of our facilities. Allow 48 hours for processing.
Thank you for entrusting us with your child’s care during this unprecedented time. We have implemented some new childcare program protocols and are taking many steps to ensure the safety of your child and our staff, while adhering to the guidelines set forth by Eagle County Public Health, CDC and the Colorado Department of Early Childhood.
- Staff & Facility Requirements
- All Colorado State Childcare Licensing staff training requirements will be upheld.
- All staff will be trained on added cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting procedures.
- All staff are required to wear face masks.
- All staff entering the facility will complete a screening form and temp check daily.
- Staff will NOT be allowed to work if they are feeling ill or have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, sore throat, body aches, new loss of taste or smell.
- All Colorado State Childcare Licensing facility requirements will be upheld.
- A complete list of additional facility safety protocols, specific to COVID 19, can be provided to you per request. To request this detailed information, please contact Anna Englehart at email@example.com
- Checking In and Checking Out
We have implemented new check-in procedures to lessen contact for the safety of all. We understand that these new procedures may be intimidating and we will do our best to make sure this process is done in a manner that will not seem intrusive or “scary” to the children. Please be sure to allow staff 5-10 minutes for this check-in procedure.
- Staff screeners will greet families outside of the Gypsum Recreation Center at a designated drop off spot in parking area.
- Parent will be given a verbal health screening by staff.
- Staff will provide a temperature check on the child. If the child’s temp is below 99, the parent will sign the child in on sign in sheet provided. If the child’s temp is above 99.1, the child will be required to remain with the parent and will not be accepted for the day.
- Child will be guided into the facility by staff. They will be required to put on a face mask prior to entering building (see face mask requirement below).
- Staff will take child directly to bathroom for hand washing.
- Staff will then walk the child into the camp room and assign them a sanitized station for the day.
- Personal toys will not be allowed to be brought in.
- Visitors will not be allowed.
- Children may not sign themselves in and out even with parent permission
- Groups size will be determined during each phase of public health orders and meet social distancing program guidelines.
- Camp Staff will ensure that all participants have all personal items ready for pick up.
- Staff will meet families outside the facility at designated pick up location in parking lot.
- Staff will bring child out of facility to pick up location.
- Parents will be required to sign children out with signature, date and time.
- In the event a parent would like to pick up their child(ren) early from the program, that pick-up time must be communicated to staff ahead of time as best as possible. Parents will be given a phone number to contact camp in the event there is an emergency.
- Daily Safety Precautions & Activity Transitions
Daily Safety Precautions
- Assigned staff/child groups will remain together throughout the day.
- Camp Leads/Counselors will follow program guidelines to maintain social distancing
- All facility staff will be wearing a face mask.
- All surfaces will be sanitized when a group leaves an area, prior to a new group entering.
- If a child or staff member sneezes, coughs, touches their face or mouth they will wash their hands immediately
- Children & staff will wash their hands when entering any building, before eating, after eating, when coming in from outside and after using the restroom
- Staff will encourage children to do their best to keep their hands away from their face.
- Temp checks will be taken twice during the program session.
- Staff will carry hand sanitizer at all times.
- Mealtimes: trading or sharing food will not be allowed.
- All high-touch areas will be disinfected at the close of every evening. (e.g. light switches, doorknobs, sinks and water taps, toilets, and flushers).
- Between each activity station, all participants will be required to wash their hands.
- There will be one staff member in the restroom monitoring for proper hand washing .
- Taped lines will be on the floors in 6-foot increments when lining up for transition times.
- All activity supplies will be laid out ahead of time or prepackaged.
- Staff will sanitize high touch points in each area/room after use/transition.
- If A Child Is Sick
In the event staff has concern that a child is sick, the following will take place:
- The Director will designate a room/space to isolate a sick child and an aide will supervise that child while maintaining appropriate distancing
- Temperature will be checked.
- Parents will be called to pick up the child (the child must meet eligibility requirements before returning to camp).
- Director/Staff will document information and report to Public Health if deemed necessary
- COVID-19 is a reportable condition – a positive case (kids or staff) must be reported to the Health Department
- Eagle County Public Health, Erica Mahone firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 Summer DatesFull-Day Availability
Your kids will look forward to weekly themes like ninja warrior, time machine adventures and lights camera action. We are currently only running Rec Kids in Edwards and Gypsum.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up: 8am-5:30pm
Availability: Full-Day and Weekly (Mon-Thur)
Ages: 5-12 years old
(FYI – groups will be broken into two age ranges, 5-8 yr olds and 9-12 yr. olds)
$60/Friday Fun DayDue to public health orders we will not be doing Friday Fun Days this year. You can sign up for Fridays using the daily registration for $45 a day.
2020 Summer Dates
Weekly Theme Dates Friday Jun 1st-4th Jun 5th Disney & Pixar Jun 8th-11th Jun 12th Out Of This World Jun 15th-18th Jun 19th Carnival & Circus Jun 22nd-25th Jun 26th Comic Con Jun 29th-Jul 2nd Jul 3rd Water Wars Jul 6th-9th Jul 10th Lights, Camera, Action! Jul 13th-16th Jul 17th Construction Zone Jul 20th-23rd Jul 24th Riddles & Puzzles Jul 27th-30th Jul 31st Mythical Madness Aug 3rd-6th Aug 7th Mountain Rec Spirit Aug 10th-13th Aug 14th
- Parent Checklist
Drop Off & Pick Up Times: 8:00 am-9:00 am & 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
2019-2020 Parent Handbook
State Required Paperwork:
- Emergency Forms (Included in state forms)
- Copy of Immunization Records (Included in state forms)
- 2019-’20 Rec Kids State Required Forms
Additional Forms As Needed:
- Child Release Waiver
- Medication Administration Form
- Additional Waivers (can be signed during registration)
What to Bring to Camp:
- Face mask
- Mountain Recreation Camp T-Shirt (provided and required during summer only)
- Healthy Lunch & 2 Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Suncreen (please apply sunscreen BEFORE drop-off, but we will reapply throughout the day)
- Backpack to hold all belongings
- Book/workbook/quiet activity for Silent Reading Time
What Not to Bring to Camp:
- Food that required refrigeration/microwaves
- Toys, Playing Cards
- Stuffed Animals
If your child needs to receive medication during camp, please complete the Medication Permission Form, available online at MountainRec.org or any Mountain Rec facility. This form must be signed by both a parent as well as a person with Prescriptive Authority (Medical Professional). All medicine must be kept in its original container and have a legible label stating the child’s name, directions for dosage, prescription number, name of medication, date filled and physician’s name. All unused medication will be returned to the parent/guardian at the end of each camp day, week or session. Medication must be given to the Camp Director or Lead Counselor at sign in. All medication, with exception of asthma inhalers and epinephrine pens, will be kept by the Camp Medication Administrator or locked in a secure area.
- Late Pick-Up
There will be a fee for late pick-up of your camper after. The fee is $1 per minute per child and is due at the time of late pick-up. Any overdue fees will result in the child(ren) not being accepted into camp until it has been paid. There will be no refunds for days missed due to lack of payment on a late fee.
It won’t let me register for a day. What can I do?
There are two reasons that our registration software would block registration; if your kid’s state required forms were not submitted yet/approved or if the date is full. Still having issues? Email RecKids@MountainRec.org.
What is your refund policy?
NEW! As of January 1st, 2020 our Refund and Cancellation Policy will be updated. See full policy details HERE
- Refunds requested within 2 weeks of the program start date will not be considered for a refund.
- If refund is approved, credit will be applied to your MR account minus the $15 administrative fee.
Vending Machines | Microwaves | Refrigerators
Children are no longer allowed to get snacks from the vending machines. Please send them with 2 or more healthy snacks each day. Campers that bring money will not be able to use the vending machine. In addition, do not send food that needs the use of a refrigerator or microwave. We are required to stay within our ratios, we do not have enough staffing to be able to warm up campers foods.