Rec Kids provides a safe, fun place perfect for state licensed child care when you need it. Choose days based on your work & play schedule. For kids ages 5-12 yrs. These camps are state licensed, so State Required Rec Kids Forms must be filled out every year in order to register. Please email your 2021 forms to RecKids@MountainRec.org or submit at any of our facilities. Allow 48 hours for processing.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up: 7:30am-5:30pm
Ages: 5-12 years old
|Gypsum Rec Center & Edwards Field House Dates|
- Parent Checklist
Drop Off & Pick Up Times: 7:30-8:30 am Morning Drop-Off
4:30-5:30 pm Afternoon Pick-Up
If you are planning to pick-up/ drop-off your camper outside of these windows please communicate this with our camp staff.
2020-2021 Parent Handbook
State Required Paperwork:
- Emergency Forms (included in state forms)
- Copy of Immunization Records (included in state forms)
- 2020-2021 Rec Kids State Required Forms
Our Rec Kids Day Camps are required to be licensed by the State of Colorado just like public schools and daycare facilities. The state required forms must be filled out and signed by a legal guardian and approved by our staff before you can register your child for Rec Kids.
The state also requires that these forms be filled out annually. To align with the start of the school year, our forms are valid from September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021. These forms help ensure the safety of your child in emergency situations and inform our staff of any special health or behavioral concerns.
Please note that we need a physical address for all emergency contacts, authorized pick-ups, and medical providers.
Additional Forms As Needed:
- Child Release Waiver
- Medication Release Form
- Additional Waivers (can be signed during registration)
What to Bring to Camp:
- Face mask
- Healthy Lunch & 2 Snacks
- Swimsuit and towel for outdoor water games
- Water Bottle
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Swimsuit and towel for outdoor water games
- Suncreen (please apply sunscreen BEFORE drop-off, but we will reapply throughout the day)
- Pencil Case of markers, crayons, pens, pencils, and scissors
- We will have individual art supply kits available as well, but we ask that you bring your own if you have them readily available to help avoid the use of high touch, shared materials.
- Backpack to hold all belongings
- Book/workbook/quiet activity for Silent Reading Time
What Not to Bring to Camp:
- Food that required refrigeration/microwaves
- Toys, Playing Cards
- Stuffed Animals
If your child needs to receive medication during camp, please complete the Medication Permission Form. This form must be signed by both a parent as well as a person with Prescriptive Authority (Medical Professional). All medicine must be kept in its original container and have a legible label stating the child’s name, directions for dosage, prescription number, name of medication, date filled and physician’s name. All unused medication will be returned to the parent/guardian at the end of each camp day, week or session. Medication must be given to the Camp Director or Lead Counselor at sign in. All medication, with exception of asthma inhalers and epinephrine pens, will be kept by the Camp Medication Administrator or locked in a secure area.
- Late Pick-Up
There will be a fee for late pick-up of your camper after 5:30pm. The fee is $1 per minute per child and is due at the time of late pick-up. Any overdue fees will result in the child(ren) not being accepted into camp until it has been paid. There will be no refunds for days missed due to lack of payment on a late fee.
It won’t let me register for a day. What can I do?
There are two reasons that our registration software would block registration; if your kid’s state required forms were not submitted yet/approved or if the date is full. Still having issues? Email RecKids@MountainRec.org.
What is your refund policy?
NEW! As of January 1st, 2020 our Refund and Cancellation Policy will be updated. See full policy details HERE
- Refunds requested within 2 weeks of the program start date will not be considered for a refund.
- If refund is approved, credit will be applied to your MR account minus the $15 administrative fee.
Vending Machines | Microwaves | Refrigerators
Children are no longer allowed to get snacks from the vending machines. Please send them with 2 or more healthy snacks each day. Campers that bring money will not be able to use the vending machine. In addition, do not send food that needs the use of a refrigerator or microwave. We are required to stay within our ratios, we do not have enough staffing to be able to warm up campers foods.