2021 Youth Scholarship
We would like to thank Eagle Valley Behavioral Health for becoming our youth scholarship partner!
Eagle Valley Behavioral Health and Mountain Rec believe that physical activity and having an active lifestyle contribute to improved behavioral and mental health outcomes. The Eagle Valley Behavioral Health Youth Scholarship is designed to provide equal access to our programs for children living in Eagle County, who without financial assistance, would not have the opportunity to participate in Mountain Recreation’s youth activities.
All scholarships are subject to availability of funds and class space. The scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis for eligible recipients. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application is valid for one calendar year (January 1 – December 31) and must be renewed annually with the current year’s – Eagle County Schools Free & Reduced Lunch approval letter.
- Application Process
- Complete this application form. Forms are also available at the Recreation Center in Gypsum, the Pool and Ice Rink in Eagle, and the Edwards Field House.
- Please provide a confirmation letter indicating free or reduced lunch qualification from the school district when submitting application.
- Deliver completed application, with required documentation, to the nearest Mountain Recreation facility.
- Upon approval, the scholarship will be added to the household account for use in registering each child for recreation programs.
- Please call 970-777-8888 for more information or questions concerning the program.
What Type of Assistance Will I Receive?
- Each child in a family qualified for reduced price lunches receives up to a $250 scholarship to assist in enrolling in Mountain Rec recreation programs.
- Each child in a family qualified for free lunches receives up to a $400 scholarship to assist in enrolling in Mountain Rec recreation programs.
- The max amount received annually per family is $1,000
Which Programs are Eligible?
Group youth programs or recreational sport activities offered by the Mountain Recreation Metropolitan District are eligible. Individual/private lessons, contractual programs, annual/monthly facility memberships, or activities requiring team registration do not qualify. Special activity fees associated with field trips for camps programs are eligible for scholarship.
Who can Apply for a Scholarship?
- Any family residing in Eagle County with children old enough to participate in programs.
- All children within the family will qualify based on the income standards of the free/reduced lunch program guidelines.
- Children NOT enrolled in Eagle County Schools are eligible and can qualify based on the income standards of the free/reduced lunch program guidelines.
- A new application is required each calendar year (January 1-December 31).
Mountain Recreation will use application information only for approval of a youth scholarship. Strict confidentiality will be maintained at all times during the decision and registration processes. Program leaders will not be informed of a participant’s scholarship status.