Eagle, CO – Mountain Recreation will host its first-ever Sports Gear Swap on August 19th and 20th, allowing community members to access a wide-variety of gently-used sports equipment for youth and adults at the Eagle Pool & Ice Rink. The community can drop off their gently-used sports equipment at the Pool & Ice Rink during business hours between August 1st through 12th.
All proceeds from the swap will benefit the Mountain Recreation Foundation Youth Scholarship Fund. The fund allows Mountain Rec to award $20,000 annually to youth across the valley to participate in sports leagues, summer camps, learn to swim lessons, gymnastics, and even access the District’s three facilities through annual memberships.
“Being able to enjoy sports alongside friends and learn new life skills is such a crucial component to our youths’ development. It’s my hope that through this swap, we can make it easier for any child to try out any sport they’d like to – to find their passion and their circle,” said Sheryl Staten, Facility Supervisor at the Eagle Pool & Ice Rink. “From hockey and soccer gear to bikes as well as camping supplies; we hope to offer a wide variety in equipment so people folks can enjoy the District’s diverse offerings year-round,” continued Staten.
The swap will be open to the public on Friday, August 19th from 4pm to 8pm and on Saturday, August 20th from 8am-12pm. To keep all gear at little to no cost, the District will be asking for a donation at checkout for the item(s) picked out, at the public’s discretion.
Mountain Rec will be accepting any sport-related gear in clean and usable condition. Weapons will not be accepted. Drop off at the Eagle Pool & Ice Rink August 1st through the 12th. Donation slips will be available upon request.
Suggested items to donate are listed below, but it is not exhaustive. If donating helmets, please ensure that they are not expired.
- Soccer equipment: soccer cleats, balls, jerseys, shin guards
- Hockey equipment: helmets, gloves, pads, sticks, pucks, helmets
- Ice skates/ roller skates/ roller blades, helmets
- Bikes, trikes, scooters, helmets
- Skateboards, long boards, helmets, wrist guards, knee guards
- Football equipment: pads, helmets, flags, balls, cleats, jerseys
- Lacrosse equipment: pads, helmets, goggles, sticks, balls, cleats, jerseys, skirts
- Baseball/softball equipment: bats, gloves, cleats, pants, helmets, bags, balls, tees
- Volleyball equipment: balls, knee pads
- Swimming equipment: goggles, kick boards, noodles, floats, hand paddles, lifejackets/PFDs. No bathing suits, please.
- Skis, snowboards, boots, bindings, poles, helmets, clothing
- Goals: soccer, lacrosse, hockey
- Sports gear bags, duffel bags, back packs
- Tennis racquets, tennis balls, tennis bags, tennis clothes
- Golf clubs, golf balls, golf bags
- Rock climbing shoes, helmets
- Figure skating outfits/clothing
- Bike locks, accessories
- Camping supplies: tents, sleeping bags,
- Sports jerseys
- Dance shoes/clothing
- Gymnastics equipment
- Sleds, snowshoes
- Frisbees, disc golf items
- Fitness equipment: jump ropes, weights, hurdles, yoga mats, bolsters,
- Stand up paddleboards, kayaks, paddles
- Fishing gear
“Everyone deserves to live healthy and active lives— that is what drives our every decision when serving our community and is the same belief driving this event. I can’t think of a better way to support our community by recycling and reusing perfectly usable gear while raising funds to get even more kids into programs,” said Anna Englehart, Superintendent of Recreational Programs at Mountain Rec.
For more information about the Sports Gear Swap, click below: