Mountain Recreation is proud to offer a scholarship program jointly administered by the Recreation District and Youth Power365. The program is designed for children who, without financial assistance, would not have the opportunity to participate in Mountain Recreation’s youth activities.
All scholarships are subject to availability of funds and class space. The scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis for eligible recipients. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application is valid for one academic year (August – July) and must be renewed annually with the current year’s approval letter provided.
Group youth programs or recreational sport activities offered by Mountain Recreation are eligible. Individual / private lessons, contractual programs, annual/monthly facility memberships, or activities requiring team registration do not qualify. Special activity fees associated with field trips for camps programs are eligible for scholarship.
- Application Process
Families may choose to apply for a scholarship directly from Mountain Recreation or may go through YouthPower365’s application process.
To apply directly with Mountain Recreation:
- Complete this application form. Forms are also available at the Recreation Center in Gypsum, the Pool and Ice Rink in Eagle, and the Fieldhouse in Edwards.
- Please provide a confirmation letter indicating free or reduced lunch qualification from the school district when submitting application.
- Deliver completed application, with required documentation, to the nearest Mountain Recreation facility.
- Upon approval, the scholarship will be added to the household account for use in registering each child for recreation programs.
- Please call 970-777-8888 for more information or questions concerning the program.
What Type of Assistance Will I Receive?
- Each child in a family qualified for reduced price lunches receives a $250 scholarship to assist in enrolling in Mountain Rec recreation programs.
- Each child in a family qualified for free lunches receives a $400 scholarship to assist in enrolling in Mountain Rec recreation programs.
What Programs are Eligible?
Group youth programs or recreational sport activities offered by the Mountain Recreation Metropolitan District are eligible. Individual/private lessons, contractual programs, annual/monthly facility memberships, or activities requiring team registration do not qualify. Special activity fees associated with field trips for camps programs are eligible for scholarship.
Who can Apply for a Scholarship?
- Any family residing in Eagle County with children old enough to participate in programs.
- All children within the family will qualify based on the income standards of the free/reduced lunch program guidelines.
- A new application is required each academic year.
Mountain Recreation will use application information only for approval of a youth scholarship. Strict confidentiality will be maintained at all times during the decision and registration processes. Program leaders will not be informed of a participant’s scholarship status.